Who we are
At Informed K12, we’re on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission-critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. We transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, we are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability, and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator. Learn more about us at www.informedk12.com
About the role
At Informed K12, a critical part of what we offer is a high-touch, consultative approach to implementation, where we leverage our expertise to provide school districts with a clear path to success. We are looking for a results-oriented Customer Success Manager who will serve as the face of Informed K12 as they lead simultaneous implementation projects across a number of our partner school districts. This role requires leadership, project management and relationship skills, and the ability to learn quickly. You will serve as our district partners’ primary point of contact as they reimagine critical processes and build operational capacity for their organizations. Internally, you will work most closely with the rest of the customer success team, as well as our sales, executive and product teams.
By acting as a trusted advisor and resident expert, you will build positive relationships with our district partners and help them lead large-scale change in their organization. You will anticipate needs and roadblocks, work to understand district dynamics, and demonstrate how our platform can help our customers achieve their goals. Your advice and perseverance will help K-12 schools and districts achieve significant positive change and success faster than they ever thought possible.
Your responsibilities will include
- Meet or exceed implementation model benchmarks for all districts in your portfolio, ensuring that they see short and long term value of our platform.
- Build deep relationships with district leadership by regularly communicating about issues and successes, and continually focusing on strategic alignment.
- Be quick to act and always a fast responder, while always maintaining thoroughness. This is the first step in keeping the overall health of the partnership strong.
- Become a district expert capable of providing invaluable advice to our districts and creating mutual accountability and advocacy.
- Provide an onboarding experience that exceeds district leadership expectations, leading to contract renewal and expansion of all districts in your portfolio.
- Partner with the sales team to scope new opportunities and set expectations before a new contract is signed, and maintain sales alignment throughout implementation.
- Work closely with the rest of the customer success team and executives to further build out and refine our implementation model and district recommendations.
What you’ll need
- People focused & engaging: can connect, train & build relationships with our customers
- Drive & goal oriented: pushes self and others, gets results, self-starter
- Consultative: has an ability to apply the expertise and experience we’ve honed over time to each new implementation, continuously growing our success and knowledge base
- Strategic and stays focused on the big picture; can zoom in on the details if they are critical, but excellent at managing time with the end goal in mind
- Project management: outlining goals, deliverables, timelines, responsibilities; keeping partners on track; prompt and responsive
- Presentation skills: Comfortable and effective in front of groups, can keep groups on track toward goals while building rapport
- Handles difficult conversations with tact and integrity; comfort driving the agenda
- Can handle details: consistently follow-up on action items, master our product quickly, and ensure the information in our customer relationship management software is up to date
- Collaborative and willing to go beyond job scope when needed, puts the customer and team first
- Constant learner: Self-aware, gives/receives feedback gracefully, learns quickly
- Highly motivated: passionate about our product, market and/or company vision
- Early stage startup experience, or experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working in K-12 schools or districts
How to apply
- Fill out the application below
- Please attach a resume and cover letter. Reference this prompt for your cover letter: https://bit.ly/2viw1vY.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In fact, one of our four company values
is “Work hard for inclusion.” We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We implement policies like the Rooney rule
in hiring and work with organizations such as Code2040
. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.