Who we are
At Informed K12, we’re on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. We transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, we are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator. Learn more about us at www.informedk12.com
About the role
Whether it be business development, partnerships, community management, or fundraising, your career journey illustrates a strong track record in relationship building and pipeline management.
You are motivated by hitting targets using your fail-safe relationship-centric, values-driven approach. In your next opportunity, it is important to you that you have the room to flex your entrepreneurial muscles, work in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate with an exceptional team of bold industry leaders to drive lasting impact in our schools.
Salary range includes variable compensation based on quota attainment.
Your responsibilities will include
- Researching, identifying, and qualifying district partners through effective outreach methodologies and effective communication of our value proposition to key decision makers.
- Generating new leads in an existing territory by meeting targets for outreach activities and opportunities created.
- Warm up new territories through research and initial outreach. You are the tip of the spear!
- Creating strategic prospect lists for email/phone campaigns, conference attendance, etc.
- Creating compelling written and digital content for the Sales team to use at events and in email outreach
- Prioritizing and managing prospecting activities through our CRM database.
Who you are
- Entrepreneurial. You’re industrious and can do a lot with a little. You demonstrate initiative at all stages of the partnership cycle – from maintaining existing relationships to identifying new prospects and managing deliveries.
- Strategic & Quick on your feet. You imagine possibilities left and right. And yet you always have a vision for where you’re headed and only pursue ideas and opportunities that help support that strategic direction.
- A Relationship Builder. People are drawn to you. You earn respect and trust quickly; and have a knack for successfully building new relationships to scale your team's mission.
- Articulate & Sharp. You have a reputation for being particularly well-spoken, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter. You have a strong and confident presence.
What you’ll need
- Above all, an ability to quickly and clearly articulate a value proposition. You’ll need to sell.
- 1-3 years of experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility in business development, partnerships, community management, or fundraising.
- You are already well-versed in how to pull strategic leads into a funnel and meticulously track them as you guide each through the cycle.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized and hit measurable goals.
- Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing relationships over time.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, you are able to connect ideas and diverse audiences fluidly.
How to apply
- Fill out the application below
- Please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, make sure to let us know why you are interested in our company and this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In fact, one of our four company values
is “Work hard for inclusion.” We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We implement policies like the Rooney rule
in hiring and work with organizations such as Code2040
. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.