Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
Join us an Indigo Fair, an innovative two-sided marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with products that uniquely fit them and their customers.
At Indigo Fair, we believe Shop Local is more than just a marketing slogan. It’s a movement. Our goal is to help boutique retailers find new and exciting products that will sell. Our online marketplace is a delightful experience with two twists: machine learning suggests products that fit a store’s unique clientele and style, and unsold products can be returned free of charge. We want every store to use Indigo Fair to keep their inventory fresh and compelling.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
As a frontend engineer, you will deliver core features of our web application. Our web stack is based on React, Redux and the ecosystem. We are looking for an experienced FE engineer who can jump into the deep end of ES6 and React. Redux is a very nice to have but not essential. You also have an eye for good design and sense of good UX. You will work closely with the backend team to design new APIs, and with the product team on the user experience.
Required skills and experience:
- 2+ years with ES6
- 1+ years with ReactJS (React.js), or 3+ years with a comparable framework (e.g., Ember or Angular)
- Either professional work experience developing and deploying production systems, or solid open source contributions (that you can highlight for us in your cover letter)
Why you might want to join our engineering team:
- We’re small. You will feel a real sense of ownership over features because you might be the only one working on them!
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to be special.
- We’re funded by the best VCs in the world.
- Our founding team is experienced and led the development of one of the top 25 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash). Learn from the best.
- Great technology stack. React/Redux and friends. We’re going mobile soon, so that will be a great opportunity to stretch your skills.
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an entire industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Apple and Square.
- We’re laid back but work hard. There aren’t many rules, other than get the work done. We’re at the early stages so you can help shape company we’re building.
- Competitive compensation, full benefits for you and your family, equal opportunity employer, many perks. It’s not why we work here, but we take these things off the table so you can focus on finding meaning and purpose in your work. See our careers page for more information.