Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
Join us an Indigo Fair, an innovative two-sided marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with products that uniquely fit them and their customers.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
At Indigo Fair, we believe Shop Local is more than just a marketing slogan. It’s a movement. Our goal is to help boutique retailers find new and exciting products that will sell. Our online marketplace is a delightful experience with two twists: machine learning suggests products that fit a store’s unique clientele and style, and unsold products can be returned free of charge. We want every store to use Indigo Fair to keep their inventory fresh and compelling.
You will be responsible for the the end-to-end experience of a maker on our platform: from the moment they sign up, to the process of uploading their products into our systems, to the final fulfillment and payment of orders. You will also own the end customer’s experience: from their order to the receipt of their goods.
As operations lead, you will own business operations for Indigo Fair’s rapidly growing B2B marketplace. You will manage a remote team and create processes to ensure content on the marketplace is accurate and meets our strict design standards. You will provide a delightful experience to customers when problems arise with orders, and you will come up with strategies and process for preventing problems from happening in the future. You will work with our engineering and design team to constantly improve the efficiency of our operations throughout the brand onboarding and order fulfillment process.
Required skills and experience:
- You have 2-5 years of experience at a top-tier consulting firm or in business operations at a tech startup.
- You graduated from a top school with a solid GPA.
Bonus / Nice to haves:
- You know the basics of Photoshop and have some experience with art, design, or photography.
- You know basic SQL (you’ll want to interrogate our system and find out where the problems are)
- You have some interest in or experience with product management, can talk to engineers, prioritize the needs of customers and the business, and plan the next iteration of internal tools that will streamline our operations.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to get it done.
- You have a passion for optimizing processes. You get satisfaction seeing how something is being done and finding ways to make the process faster, easier, and more efficient.
- You are a stickler for details. You have a hatred for crooked picture frames, cluttered desks, and misplaced pixels.
- You have an appreciation for good design. You love beautiful things.
- Helping people is rewarding for you. You draw energy from solving problems for others. When someone comes to you with a problem, you drop what you are doing to figure out how to fix it.
- You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying unintuitive solutions to tough problems.