Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
Join us an Indigo Fair, an innovative two-sided marketplace that uses machine learning to match local retailers with products that uniquely fit them and their customers.
At Indigo Fair, we believe Shop Local is more than just a marketing slogan. It’s a movement. Our goal is to help boutique retailers find new and exciting products that will sell. Our online marketplace is a delightful experience with two twists: machine learning suggests products that fit a store’s unique clientele and style, and unsold products can be returned free of charge. We want every store to use Indigo Fair to keep their inventory fresh and compelling.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
As a backend engineer, you will deliver core features of our Java server. You will work with a state of the art backend written from scratch to be high performance, scalable, capable of serving a high-traffic ecommerce website. This is all custom, no frameworks (e.g., no Spring), and no legacy code. You will work closely with the front-end team to design new APIs, and with the product team on the user experience.
Required skills and experience:
- Years of production experience with a scalable Java or C# backend (by scalable, we mean ecommerce-scale)
- Extremely comfortable with unit/integration tests (we have hundreds, and more are added everyday)
- We’re an on-site team in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. We can’t do remote, but we can help with relocation if you are an exceptional candidate.
Bonus/Nice to haves:
- Experience with Redshift, Redis, Memcached, MySQL
Why you might want to join our engineering team:
- We’re small. You will feel a real sense of ownership over features because you might be the only one working on them!
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to be special.
- We’re funded by the best VCs in the world.
- Our founding team is experienced and led the development of one of the top 25 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash). Learn from the best.
- Great technology stack. React/Redux and friends. We’re going mobile soon, so that will be a great opportunity to stretch your skills.
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an entire industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Apple and Square.
- We’re laid back but work hard. There aren’t many rules, other than get the work done. We’re at the early stages so you can help shape company we’re building.
- Competitive compensation, full benefits for you and your family, equal opportunity employer, many perks. It’s not why we work here, but we take these things off the table so you can focus on finding meaning and purpose in your work. See our careers page for more information.