Imprint Projects is a post-advertising creative agency.
Our mission is to replace advertising with cultural production and dialogue. We elevate the world’s most influential brands with cultural content, experiences, and community programming. We value long-term partnerships with Levi’s, Sonos, MoMA, Spotify, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eventbrite, and many more.
Community and culture is what we do, so a passion for music, art, design, fashion, technology, and social activism is important. With offices in San Francisco, and Los Angeles, our days are fast-paced and exciting, but the vibe is comfortable and collaborative. We take care of our people with great benefits and endless opportunities for growth. Leadership prioritizes simplicity, transparency, and humanity.
The Senior Designer will lead creative across the many types of projects we build. You will work from initial strategic concept to scalable creative solutions that work in the real world. You must be excited about developing concepts across a wide range of platforms at the leading edge of cultural trends and emerging technologies.
- Develop great creative work for our clients.
- Collaborate with Producers and Strategists to lead visual design and creative experiential thinking across a variety of projects
- Direct and manage the development and execution of creative concepts and deliverables for integrated marketing platforms including experience and environment, photo/video and digital content, printed graphic matter, and all copywriting and strategic messaging
- Present research, ideation, and development of original, scalable concepts, and experiences to Creative Director and clients
- Research and prepare documents to communicate ideas to clients, including proposals, presentations, and treatments
- Work dynamically with Producers and Strategists to identify design needs, inform timelines, and adjust resourcing
- Support Producers in understanding opportunities and limitations in print, and build techniques and materials
- Source references and identify trends from the worlds of design, art, film, and music
- Research, recommend, and support in outreach to creative partners and collaborators
- Foster a collaborative environment where giving and receiving feedback is encouraged and productive
- Responsible for enforcing the integrity of the design process and internal creative standards
- Ensure that all work meets a high level of creativity, innovation, and brand association
- Participate in brainstorms and creative pin ups
New Business Development:
- Support Managing Director and Creative Director in developing creative for new business with current and new clients
- Lead, inspire, and support the design team
- Assist in recruiting and management of creative team; maintain ongoing relationships with freelancers
- Lead updates to project teams and clients around industry trends and best practices in art, design, and technology; foster a positive relationship with the creative community
- Lead Mid and End-of-year review process and employee growth plans, ensure a climate for growth and education
- Support the policies, practices, and procedures related to the company’s creative work
- Inspire creativity, new ideas, and big thinking throughout team
- Attend and participate in all standing weekly creative team meetings
- Use and manage online project management software, collaboration tools, calendars, file-sharing, time tracking, and company expense tracking
- No direct responsibilities for financial performance day-to-day
- Reports to Creative Director
- Direct reports: Designer
- Oversee freelance creative resources
- 6+ years experience in a creative role (at least 4+ years agency environment, at least 3 in a leadership role)
- Excellent writing and proofing skills
- Strong design background; versed in design process and production methods
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities
- Comprehensive knowledge of emerging creative technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices and experimental approaches in marketing and brand communications
- Ability to scale ideas/solutions to budget, brand needs, timelines and environments
- Experience working with clients and building creative teams
- Proven leadership skills — we want someone who can drive a project forward while fostering the talents of our creative team
- Master of Adobe software, primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop