Imprint Projects is a post-advertising creative agency.
Our mission is to replace advertising with cultural production and dialogue. We elevate the world’s most influential brands with cultural content, experiences, and community programming. We value long-term partnerships with Levi’s, Sonos, MoMA, Uniqlo, Google, and many more.
Community and culture is what we do, so a passion for music, art, design, fashion, technology, and social activism is important. With offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, our days are fast-paced and exciting, but the vibe is comfortable and collaborative. We take care of our people with great benefits and endless opportunities for growth. Leadership prioritizes simplicity, transparency, and humanity.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) role will sit with senior leadership (President, Chief Creative Officer and Chief Experience Officer) and be a part of all major company decisions and directions. We have experienced tremendous growth over the past 18 months (+40% revenue growth, doubling headcount, building LA HQ offices) and we are looking for an operations and finance leader who is interested in growing a creative business.
- One of Senior Leaders across all company-wide management decisions (in partnership with President, CXO, CCO)
- Design, implement and support internal business operations, Including, but not limited to: Finance, Legal, Insurance, IT, Benefits, Measurement and Reporting, offices and company events, etc.
- Support policies that promote company culture, vision, and mission
- Reports to President
- Directly manages controller
- Directly manages studio managers in LA and SF offices
- Manage and report out on P+L of business
- Build annual financial budgets and get alignment/sign-off by President/CEO
- Deliver monthly recaps (monthly closing reports) as well as quarterly forecasts
- Participate in long-term business planning (investments, acquisitions, partnerships)
- Work with CXO and Managing Directors in each office to develop the policies, practices and procedures that govern the company’s routine operations and improve efficiencies
- Maintain project management software, collaboration tools, calendars, file-sharing, time tracking, and company expense tracking
- Responsible for performance of all Information Technology (IT), hardware and software (computers, phones, video conference and other onsite or mobile tech)
- Responsible for all insurance policies related to company and client productions
- Responsible for all legal issues, contracts and company templates (MSAs, SOWs, Artist Agreements, Licensing, Releases)
- Oversee all operational aspects for leadership offsite and employee retreats
- Assist recruiting and management of employees, contractors and vendors
- Development, maintenance and execution of successful on-boarding tools and processes
- Lead mid-year and end-of-year review process and facilitate employee growth plans
- Maintains consistent temperature check on ways-of-working, soliciting feedback, and identifying areas of friction/improvement day-to-day
- Oversee twice-yearly employee survey and reporting
- Through management of Studio Managers, ensures positive working environment, and stimulation of office culture and collaboration (lunches, lectures, other)
- No direct interaction w/ clients or projects
New Business Development:
- No direct responsibilities related to new biz development
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years proven experience in agency context
- Experience as a COO, Head of Operations, Managing Director or Account Director in an agency context preferred.
- Proven success as a manager and a team-builder among partners, clients and staff
- Excellent writing, document preparation and presentation skills
- Experience in contract negotiation with clients and vendors
- Solid understanding of budgeting from $50K-$5M
- Experience leading or participating in employee performance evaluations and reviews
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational and leadership capabilities
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, Asana, Smartsheets, Harvest and Adobe Creative Suite