Imply is behind a data platform that’s used at some of the largest companies in the world to answer complex questions from trillions of events and data points in less than a second. To power our platform, we build and maintain Apache Druid, an open-source real-time analytical database used at thousands of companies. Our customers use Imply to answer questions from “What do tweens in North Carolina who listen to Justin Bieber like to buy“ to “What updates to our infrastructure have caused the CPU to spike when some customers from Europe hit our servers” to “Why are we seeing an increase in traffic going through our backbone from Japan as opposed to being routed internally?”
We are a collaborative and supportive team. We measure our individual success by how well our team does and by how well we push each other to grow professionally. We believe teams should have significant say in what they build and how, and therefore should be responsible for the eventual success of what they’re building, whether it’s in ensuring customers can use it or sales people can sell it or support people can support it. As part of Imply, you’ll get exposure and ownership over how whatever you build fits not just with the rest of the product but with the rest of the org. We're flexible on location, and have a work from home as needed culture.
We’re looking for talented UI engineers who are excited about building UIs to reduce the significant complexity involved in using and operating Imply.
You might work on:
- Visualizations and a user experience that enable our users to answer complex questions for vast troves of data interactively
- Managing, monitoring, and operating large clusters of a distributed system
- Loading and ingesting large amounts of data from different places with an easy-to-use UI
Required experience and skills:
- Solid understanding of how web services work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent professional work experience).
- Positive: Experience building dashboarding or BI tools
- Positive: Experience with React.js / D3.js / GraphQL
- Positive: Experience with full-stack development using NodeJS/Express
- Positive: A history of open-source contributions
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.