We're looking to hire a Solutions Architect to engage with Imply customers to guide them through the architecture, development, and operations of the Imply product and the open-source Druid
data store. We're a small team with a quickly growing customer base, so you'll have a chance to have a big impact and wear multiple hats. Ideally, you have worked in a customer-facing role, intrigued by cutting-edge technical challenges and help refine some of the largest and fastest big data architectures in the world. This is a direct customer engagement role and will require some travel.
What you'll be doing at Imply
- You are the key player in the implementation and growth of our customer base
- You will be helping drive our implementations, and you'll do what it takes to help make them successful
- You will lead on-site and online services engagements
- You will be an expert in Druid and a technical evangelist for Imply
- You will play a key role in helping the company find and implement new and additional use cases
- You serve as a liaison to our engineering and product teams on customer requests and user experience.
- You will act as another layer of support for our customers by triaging and helping support our customers, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science or related field
- A team player mentality - we will succeed only as a strong team
- Be defined by your “Helper Gene”, Do you thrive in helping others achieve success?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in defining and executing enterprise implementation plans, You are comfortable leading complex technical conversations with the world's largest brands
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting fundamentals
- Experience in analyzing system, network, and application log files and system performance metrics to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Strong background in data[bases&&warehouses&&cubes&&modelling]
- Understanding of how to tell a story with data through BI and Dashboarding
- Knowledge and experience with big data architecture on-premise and in cloud
- Experience with Druid or related big data systems like Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Pinot, Cassandra, Snowflake, etc
- Knowledge of BI and Analytics tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, Qlikview, SuperSet, etc
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka and Kinesis
- JVM operations experience: you eat garbage collection tuning configs for breakfast
- You know your way around a Linux system and are comfortable with built-in tools like top, iostat, lsof, and netstat