The Pre Sales Engineer will work hand-in-hand with Sales, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help us bring our first product to market and grow the company. They will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make Imply customers successful. This sales engineer will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. They will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Imply’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Imply and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for both Imply and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
As a Pre Sales Engineer at Imply you will:
• Present Imply technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers.
• Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Imply technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation.
• Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Imply in relation to them.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Imply’s products and marketing.
Our ideal Pre Sales Engineer will have:
• Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
• Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
• Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools.
* Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB).
• Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau).
• Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack).
• Hands on experience with Hadoop and Kafka.
• Proven success at enterprise software startups.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum).
• Software development experience with C/C++ or Java.
• Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline.
• University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.