Imply is looking for experienced database and distributed systems engineers to help build a next generation analytics platform focused on interactivity and streaming data. The star of our platform is Apache Druid
, a high-performance, open-source, distributed column store. Imply engineers are major contributors to the Druid project and play a key role in leading its development.
You might work on:
- Implementing cutting-edge compression algorithms, storage formats, and other database optimizations.
- Building distributed ingestion systems that can handle throughput rates in the tens of millions of records per second.
- Designing systems for orchestration, monitoring, and performance analysis of Druid clusters.
- Integrating with major cloud vendors to build managed service offerings.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are comfortable designing and implementing high concurrency, performance-oriented Java systems.
- Have industry experience building databases or distributed systems and familiarity with the big data ecosystem.
- Care deeply about building reliable, fault tolerant, highly available systems.
- Enjoy nurturing and being a part of a vibrant open-source community.