Speech Therapist -Woodland Hills, CA
Los Robles Homecare Services is a California licensed, Medicare-certified and CHAP accredited homecare agency located in Thousand Oaks, California. Our team provides homecare services (skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapy and social work services) to thousands of residents located in the Conejo Valley and parts of the San Fernando Valley, Ventura County and Los Angeles County.
We provide comprehensive and individualized care in the home environment to enhance patients’ quality of life. Our staff, coordinating with the patient’s physician, will develop an individualized treatment plan. This plan will consist of intermittent visits, which will vary according to the patient’s needs.
About the position
We are looking for a Speech Therapist to join our amazing team! Los Robles Homecare prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
As a Speech Pathologist/Therapist with Los Robles Homecare, you will be providing in-home therapy for patients. In this role, responsibilities include assessing, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients.
Woodland Hills, and San Fernando Valley
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
- Effective and precise charting
- Current Speech Pathology license
- BLS/CPR certified
- Ability to communicate verbally and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Home Health and Hospice experience
- Valid driver's license and insurance
Why Work with Los Robles?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do).
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great. . .We're excited to meet you!