Los Robles Healthcare prides itself in creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. We are seeking a Per Diem Registered Nurse to join our amazing and expanding team! With a solid understanding of the need for a stable work-life balance, we provide exceptional patient care and create a place where people love to work. You can expect to feel truly appreciated when you are part of our team.
About the Position
As a Registered Nurse with Los Robles Healthcare, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have a profound knowledge in caring for the terminally ill. This includes patient admissions, assessing patients’ needs, and creating and implementing care plans. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to answer questions and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position.Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort and support.
This is a per diem position an will provide coverage in the South Bay area.
- Complete admission of hospice appropriate patients
- Assess patients in various settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Reconciliation and administration of medication
- Effectively communicate and report to Physicians regarding patients’ status after admission
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to determine plan of care
- Timely charting of admission process
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a current California Registered Nursing license and CPR certification
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Minimum of 2 years acute care and 1 year of hospice nursing experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Must have valid driver license, Reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual a plus
- HPNA certification a plus.
Los Robles Healthcare offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.