Los Robles Homecare Services is a California licensed, Medicare-certified and CHAP accredited homecare agency located in Thousand Oaks, California. Our team provides homecare services (skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapy and social work services) to thousands of residents located in the Conejo Valley and parts of the San Fernando Valley, Ventura County and Los Angeles County.
We provide comprehensive and individualized care in the home environment to enhance patients’ quality of life. Our staff, coordinating with the patient’s physician, will develop an individualized treatment plan. This plan will consist of intermittent visits, which will vary according to the patient’s needs.
About the Position
A qualified Licensed Vocational Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a representation of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. The agency will make reasonable accommodations to allow otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Will provide nursing services in accordance with a plan of treatment and plan of care as ordered by the patient’s physician. Observes and evaluates treatment effect and patient's overt physical/emotional response to treatment goals. Updates treatment plan based on evaluation and as new orders are received.
- Assesses the rehabilitative status of the patient and develops appropriate treatment plan for each patient; updates and modifies treatment plan on an ongoing basis.
- Plans goals and care that are reasonable, necessary and specific for the skills of the nurse. Regularly participates in interdisciplinary planning, case conferences and staff meetings as required.
- Contacts physician for clarification or elaboration of treatment orders, or to alert to any significant changes, and to discuss condition and treatment course of patient making recommendations for changes as needed.
- Observes, records and reports information on the patient's condition to the attending physician and in the patient's medical record.
- Documents patient treatment and responds to treatment accurately, using established guidelines. Prepares clinical/progress notes. Submits all paperwork including but not limited to: assessment, care plan, change of orders, visit notes, medication records, progress summaries, CHHA supervision, and transfer/discharge summary within time guidelines according to agency policy.
Job Type: Full Time