Impact Healthcare seeks a Hospice Chaplain to join our team! Impact prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of the need for a stable work-life balance and providing exceptional patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied when you are part of the Los Robles team.
About the position
As hospice chaplain, your primary responsibility is to provide emotional and spiritual counseling to terminally ill patients and their families. In this role, you will work in collaboration with members of the care team to provide guidance, support and assist in creating a plan of care along with providing bereavement support and appropriate information to help patients and their families. We seek a compassionate, attentive and adaptable chaplain who has a proficient knowledge of hospice and palliative care. Get communication and interpersonal skills are essential in this position.
Availability and Area Coverage
This is a Per Diem position and will be supporting our patients in San Diego ,CA.
- Certified/ordained to minister.
- Letter of endorsement for chaplaincy from a recognized faith group.
- Spiritual Care related Master’s Degree, Clinical Pastoral Education, or Hospice Spiritual Counselor Education preferred
- Six (6) months, or more, of relatable spiritual care experience, preferably in a medical/hospice setting.
Qualifications and skill
- Demonstrated socialization skills.
- Knowledge of Hospice philosophy and concept.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Provide direct spiritual support to patient’s and family’s in keeping with their individual beliefs.
- Document and prepare initial assessments.
- Maintain proper documentation of visits to patients and families.
- Offering Communion, as needed.
- Conducting funerals or memorial services, as needed.
- Work with staff, clergy, and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual concerns of patients and families.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Provide bereavement services as required by the bereavement plan of care.
- Make contact with clergy as indicated by patients and families.
- Assist with volunteer training and staff education.
- Participate in the Hospice Quality Assessment Performance Improvement program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Impact offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients, and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Job Type: Per Diem