Los Robles Homecare and Hospice prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
About the Position
The Hospice Chaplain is responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers of Los Robles Hospice, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
- Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about hospice care.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
- Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
- Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Type: Full Time