Hospice RN Full Time - San Francisco, CA
$2000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice prides itself in creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. We are seeking a full-time Registered Nurse Case Manager to join our amazing and expanding team! With a solid understanding of the need for a stable work-life balance, we provide exceptional patient care and create a place where people love to work. You can expect to feel truly appreciated when you are part of the Crossroads team.
As a Registered Nurse Case Manager with Crossroads, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have profound knowledge and skill in caring for the terminally ill. This includes patient admissions, direct patient care and creating plans of care while delegating roles to the interdisciplinary team. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to educate families, provide care aligned with patient’s values and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort and support.
We’re looking for a Full Time RN who is available for 32-40 hrs/week
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Independently complete admission visits for hospice appropriate patients (including education about hospice philosophy & program, H&P, psychosocial support)
- Order, reconcile, administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care and recertification assessments)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers) to determine plans of care
- Timely charting of all visits
- Supervise LVN & HHA visits
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Registered Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years acute care, 1 year of home health and/or 1 year of hospice nursing or palliative care experience
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual (Cantonese preferred) a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- CHPN certification a plus
- Truly amazing, dedicated team members and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation and mileage reimbursement
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Flexible schedule
- Continuing education and mentoring for hospice & palliative care
- Paid CHPN certification
At Crossroads, you can expect a great team environment with an engaged, supportive and personable management team. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Thank you for helping us find, enjoy, and achieve a better way!