LVN Opportunity in Home Health and Hospice
Los Robles Healthcare prides itself in creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of the need for a stable work-life balance, we provide exceptional patient care and create a place where people love to work. You can expect to feel truly appreciated when you are part of our team.
About the position
We seek a skilled LVN to join our amazing and expanding team! As an LVN with Impact, you will provide care and support to patients during times of illness
In this role, the ideal candidate will have knowledge and skill in supporting patients as they recover from acute illness and during the hospice stages. This includes direct patient care, educating families, providing care aligned with patient’s values and providing support for patients and families. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of the home health and hospice process and care.
Position Availability and Area Coverage
We offer per Diem positions with a flexible schedule option. Our service area is San Diego and the surrounding areas.
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care etc)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (RN, MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers)
- Timely charting of all visits
- Work closely with collaborating RN case manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California License Vocational Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in home health and/or hospice
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- valid CA driver's license,
- current CPR certification, and current professional certification.
**One year of Home Health / Hospice experience is PREFERRED
Los Robles Healthcare offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients, and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Job Types: Part-time