A-Plus Homecare and Hospice is seeking an experienced Speech Pathologist to join our expanding team in the Utah County area! A-Plus prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
As a Speech pathologist/ therapist with A-plus, you will be providing in-home therapy for patients in Salt Lake and Weber County. In this role, responsibilities include assessing, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients. Our ideal candidate will be skilled, compassionate and devoted ST/SP with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
- Effective and precise charting
- Current Speech Pathology license
- BLS/CPR certified
- Ability to communicate verbally and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Home Health and Hospice experience
- Valid driver's license and insurance
A-Plus Homecare and Hospice offers competitive compensation and benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Job Type: Per-Diem