Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Home Health -Fremont, CA
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is looking for a Physical Therapist Assistant to join our amazing team in the Fremont area! Crossroads Home Health and Hospice prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
About the position
We are seeking a full time physical therapist assistant to service patients in the Hayward, Fremont, and Union City areas
The responsibilities of the Physical Therapist Assistant include:
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy home exercise programs to families/caregivers when indicated.
Minimum qualifications of the Physical Therapist Assistant include:
- Active Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) License in the state of California - at least 1 year professional PTA experience required
- Home Health (PTA) experience is a plus
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Able to communicate effectively. Bilingual communication a plus.
- Dependable Transportation, Current Driver’s License and auto Insurance.
- Current CPR
- Ability to perform the physical aspects of the position.
Why Work with Crossroads?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). As part of that, Crossroads Home Health and Hospice offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- PTO and vacation
- Flexible work schedules
- Excellent team dynamics
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great in San Francisco … We're excited to meet you!