Los Robles Healthcare is seeking a compassionate and skilled MSW with knowledge of hospice/end of life care. Los Robles prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
About the Position
As a Medical Social Worker with hospice, you will be responsible for helping patients & their loved ones understand and cope with a terminal condition during the end of life.
This role is a blend of care coordination within the organization and community, emotional/psychosocial support, bereavement support for families and relationship building with community referral sources. In this role, you will provide direct care to the patients and their families through counseling and education regarding their illness, participate in treatment plan development, arrange for in-home caregivers, equipment and use therapeutic communication to ease distress and support healthy grieving.
- Initial needs assessments in homes, ALFs, SNFs, Board & Cares
- Provide on-going psycho-social support/relationship building for patients & loved ones
- Participate in goals of care, advance directive & POLST conversations
- Provide education to patients & loved ones regarding End-of-Life care and planning
- Connect families to community resources
- Participate in ordering equipment & supplies for patients
- Work with partner organizations to find placement for patients requiring different levels of care
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings weekly and update plans of care
- Facilitate grief support groups and provide bereavement counseling as needed
- Build relationships with community resources and organizations to expand our network of support
- Master of Social Work degree required from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- BLS/CPR certified
- Minimum of 1 year acute care, 1 year of home health and/or hospice experience
- Previous palliative care experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to collaborate with various healthcare representatives and agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly team-oriented
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and hospice conditions
- Evaluate the mental, emotional and physical status of patients
- Provide bereavement counseling services to families
- Understanding of federal, state and local healthcare standards and regulations
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records
Why Work with Los Robles?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great. . .We're excited to meet you!
Job Type: Per Diem