Job Title/Position: Secretary/Receptionist
Reports To: Executive Director/Administrator and/or Clinical Director
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This is a Full-Time position. The secretary/receptionist is responsible for routine clerical matters and assuring that documents flow in a coordinated and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance to the Executive Director/Administrator, preserving the confidential
nature of items of which he/she has knowledge.
- Maintains the files, supplies, postage and general office condition in an orderly manner.
- Handles all correspondence and word processing for the home health organization.
- Maintains minutes of meetings.
- Answers telephone inquiries and channels them appropriately.
- Files clinical notes after recording on the “weekly ledger” sheet.
- As necessary, sends physician's orders for signature. Keeps current log of what is sent
and tracks receipt of signed document.
- Closes patient’s clinical record when discharged.
- Maintains current patient statistics utilizing the Management Information System.
- Maintains ledger cards for all new patients admitted for clerk's use.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Administrator.
- The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Minimum of 1 year experience (preferably in home health or health care)
- 1 year of Customer service experience
- Familiar with Medical terminology
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Able to type 50 words per minute
- Word processing skills
- Personal computer skills
- Business machine knowledge
- Medical terminology
Job Type: Full-time