Opportunity in Busy Hospice Agency
Los Robles Homecare and Hospice prides itself in creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. We are seeking a Full Time RN Case Manager to join our amazing and expanding team! With a solid understanding of the need for a stable work-life balance, we provide exceptional patient care and create a place where people love to work. You can expect to feel truly appreciated when you are part of our team.
About the Position
As a Registered Nurse Case Manager with Los Robles Homecare and Hospice, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have a profound knowledge in caring for the terminally ill. This includes patient admissions, assessing patients’ needs, and creating and implementing care plans. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to answer questions and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort and support.
This is a full-time position an will provide coverage in Thousand Oaks and surrounding areas
- A graduate from a nursing curriculum approved by a Board of Registered Nursing approved program, and holds a current and active RN license in the State of California.
- Possesses a minimum of one (2) years of recent home health nursing experience.
- Excellent judgment and knowledge of current nursing practices, with demonstrated exemplary clinical, analytical and documentation skills with little supervisory direction.
- Self-directed and able to work with little supervision, has good organizational skills, and is physically able to manage the walk, bend, stoop, and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- An active, licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements and is in good working order.
- Is computer literate and willing to embrace technology used by the agency -- technology that eases documentation workload and supports team communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a representation of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. The agency will make reasonable accommodations to allow otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Will provide in office case management nursing services in accordance with a plan of treatment and plan of care as ordered by the patient’s physician.
- Manages goals and care that are reasonable, necessary and specific for the skills of the nurse. Regularly participates in interdisciplinary planning, case conferences and staff meetings as required.
- Contacts physician for clarification or elaboration of treatment orders, or to alert to any significant changes, and to discuss condition and treatment course of patient making recommendations for changes as needed.
- Observes, records and reports information on the patient's condition to the attending physician and in the patient's medical record.
- Documents patient treatment and response to treatment accurately, using established guidelines. Prepares clinical/progress notes. Submits all paperwork including but not limited to: assessment, care plan, change of orders, visit notes, medication records, progress summaries, CHHA supervision, and transfer/discharge summary within time guidelines according to agency policy.
* All applicants/contractors are considered without regard to race, color, ethic or national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status or sexual preference, veteran status, physical or mental handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Los Robles Homecare and Hospice offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Job Type: Full-time