Job Title: Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS)-Hospice
Reports To: Executive Director
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is looking for a Hospice Director of Patient Care Services to join our amazing team in the San Francisco Bay area! Crossroads Home Health and Hospice prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
The Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS) is responsible for the overall direction of hospice clinical services. The DPCS establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical organization personnel.
- Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Clinical Supervisors to assist them in continually improving all aspects of hospice care services, provided through organization personnel.
- Assists Clinical Supervisors in managing clinical teams and planning.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
- Assists the Executive Director/Administrator in the preparation and administration of the organization's budget.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume that could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Evaluates performance of Clinical Supervisors.
- Assists Clinical Supervisors to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
- Conducts annual evaluations on clinicians, or more frequently if indicated.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, directly or delegated.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of hospice services provided through the Organization.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance to the ACHC Home Care standards.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and hospice care; shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes hospice referrals in the health care community.
- In the absence of the Executive Director/Administrator, the DPCS will become the acting Executive Director/Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Executive Director/Administrator.
- On-Call as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Administrator.
- Registered nurse in the state of CA with current licensure to practice professional nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Master’s degree in hospice preferred.
- Three years of management experience in a hospice or related health care organization.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and ACHC standards.
Why Work with Crossroads?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). As part of that, Crossroads Home Health and Hospice offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- PTO and vacation
- Flexible work schedules
- Excellent team dynamics
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great in San Francisco … We're excited to meet you!