Hospice RN Opportunity with New and Busy Hospice Agency!
Los Robles Homecare is excited to be expanding into Hospice care. We seek Hospice RN's to join our new and growing team! Los Roles prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of the need for a stable work-life balance and providing exceptional patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied when you are part of the Los Robles team.
As a Hospice RN with Los Robles, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have profound knowledge and skills in caring for the terminally ill. This includes patient admissions, direct patient care and creating plans of care while delegating roles to the interdisciplinary team. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to educate families, provide care aligned with patient’s values and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort and support.
Availability and Area Coverage
We’re looking for per diem coverage. We are available 24/7 for our patients while creating work/life balance with your needs in mind! We provide care for patients from Ventura County to San Fernando Valley.
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Independently complete admission visits for hospice appropriate patients (including education about hospice philosophy & program, H&P, psychosocial support)
- Order, reconcile, administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care and recertification assessments)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers) to determine plans of care
- Timely charting of all visits
- Supervise LVN & HHA visits
Qualifications and Skills
- AD or BS Degree in Nursing
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Registered Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years acute care, 1 year of home health and/or 1 year of hospice nursing experience
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual (Cantonese, preferred) a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- HPNA certification a plus
Los Robles offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients, and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Job Type: Part-time