RN Opportunity in Hospice - East Bay, CA
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our amazing and expanding team! Crossroads Home Health and Hospice prides itself in creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of a stable work-life balance, we provide exceptional patient care and create a place where people love to work, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied when you are part of the Crossroads team.
As a Hospice RN with Crossroads, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have profound knowledge and skill in caring for the terminally ill. This includes patient admissions, direct patient care and creating plans of care while delegating roles to the interdisciplinary team. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to educate families, provide care aligned with patient’s values and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort and support.
Availability and Area Coverage
We’re looking for Full Time and Part Time coverage as well as On-Call & Evenings/Weekends.
We’re available 24/7 for our patients while creating work/life balance for you! We provide care for patients throughout the East Bay from Richmond to Fremont.
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Independently complete admission visits for hospice appropriate patients (including education about hospice philosophy & program, H&P, psychosocial support)
- Order, reconcile, administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care and recertification assessments)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers) to determine plans of care
- Timely charting of all visits
- Supervise LVN & HHA visits
Qualifications and Skills
- AA or BS Degree in Nursing
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Registered Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years acute care and/or 1 year of hospice nursing experience
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- HPNA certification a plus
Crossroads offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients, and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.