RN Hospice On-Call: Rotating Schedule - San Francisco
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is looking for a Hospice on-call RN. Crossroads Home Health and Hospice prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
About the Position
As an on-call Registered Nurse with Crossroads, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have profound knowledge and skill in caring for the terminally ill. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. The ability to educate families, provide care aligned with patient’s values and provide support for patients and families are vital in this position. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort, and support.
Coverage and Availability
We are offering a rotating on-call schedule with the option of evenings and/or weekends that supports our patients while creating work/life balance for you. Our service area is from San Francisco to San Mateo.
Qualifications and Skills
- AA or BS Degree in Nursing
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Registered Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum of 2 years acute care and/or 1 year of hospice nursing experience
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual (Cantonese, preferred) a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
- HPNA certification a plus
Why Work with Crossroads?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). As part of that, Crossroads Home Health and Hospice offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great in San Francisco … We're excited to meet you!