Per Visit LVN Opportunity in Hospice - Torrance, CA
Los Robles Home Health and Hospice prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of a stable work-life balance and providing exceptional patient care, you can expect to feel truly appreciated and satisfied when you are part of the Milestone team.
As an LVN with Los Robles Home Health and Hospice, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have knowledge and skill in caring for the terminally ill. This includes direct patient care, educating families, providing care aligned with the patient’s values and providing support for patients and families. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort, and support.
Service Area and Position Availability
We support patients throughout the South Bay (Torrance, Gardena, Carson, Long Beach, Redondo Beach, Hawthorn, Etc.) and North Orange County. We are looking for Per Visit coverage, including after hours (6pm-8am) and weekends.
We’re available 24/7 for our patients while creating work/life balance for you!
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home, and RCFE)
- Administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care etc)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (RN, MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers)
- Timely charting of all visits
- Work closely with collaborating RN case manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Licensed Vocational Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum 1-year experience in home health and/or hospice preferred
- Must be able to pass a required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have a valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
Milestone offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Job Type: Part-time