LVN Opportunity with New and Busy Hospice Agency
Los Robles Homecare is excited to be expanding our services into Hospice care! Los Robles prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding for a stable work-life balance and providing exceptional patient care, you can expect to feel truly appreciated and satisfied when you are part of the Los Robles team.
As an LVN with Los Robles, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have knowledge and skill in caring for the terminally ill. This includes direct patient care, educating families, providing care aligned with patient’s values and providing support for patients and families. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort, and support.
Service Area and Position Availability
We looking for Per Diem coverage in Oxnard, CA
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care etc)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (RN, MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers)
- Timely charting of all visits
- Work closely with collaborating RN case manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Licensed Vocational Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in home health and/or hospice preferred
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- home health or hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full Time