Los Robles Homecare Services is a California licensed, Medicare-certified and CHAP accredited homecare agency located in Thousand Oaks, California. Our team provides homecare services (skilled nursing care, rehabilitation therapy and social work services) to thousands of residents located in the Conejo Valley and parts of the San Fernando Valley, Ventura County and Los Angeles County.
We provide comprehensive and individualized care in the home environment to enhance patients’ quality of life. Our staff, coordinating with the patient’s physician, will develop an individualized treatment plan. This plan will consist of intermittent visits, which will vary according to the patient’s needs.
About the Position
Registered Nurse (RN) for Hospice Agency to work in the field for an agency that serves Ventura County. We are seeking an RN who can help with evening and weekend admissions.
* Call rotation is required.
- A graduate from a nursing curriculum approved by a Board of Registered Nursing approved program, and holds a current and active RN license in the State of California.
- Possesses a minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience in a clinical setting – preferably in a home health setting.
- Must be available after hours, nights and weekends.
- Excellent judgment and knowledge of current nursing practices, with demonstrated exemplary clinical, analytical and documentation skills with little supervisory direction.
- Self-directed and able to work with little supervision, has good organizational skills, and is physically able to manage the walk, bend, stoop, and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- An active, licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements and is in good working order.
- Sensitive to the needs of patients with advanced illness and families and one's own feelings about dying and death.
- Is computer literate and willing to embrace technology used by the agency -- technology that eases documentation workload and supports team communication.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following is a representation of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. The agency will make reasonable accommodations to allow otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Will provide nursing services in accordance with a plan of treatment and plan of care as ordered by the patient’s physician. Observes and evaluates treatment effect and patient's overt physical/emotional response to treatment goals. Updates treatment plan based on evaluation and as new orders are received.
- Assesses the rehabilitative status of the patient and develops appropriate treatment plan for each patient; updates and modifies treatment plan on an ongoing basis.
- Plans goals and care that are reasonable, necessary and specific for the skills of the nurse. Regularly participates in interdisciplinary planning, case conferences and staff meetings as required.
- Contacts physician for clarification or elaboration of treatment orders, or to alert to any significant changes, and to discuss condition and treatment course of patient making recommendations for changes as needed.
- Observes, records and reports information on the patient's condition to the attending physician and in the patient's medical record.
- Documents patient treatment and response to treatment accurately, using established guidelines. Prepares clinical/progress notes. Submits all paperwork including but not limited to: assessment, care plan, change of orders, visit notes, medication records, progress summaries, CHHA supervision, and transfer/discharge summary within time guidelines according to agency policy.
Job Type: Part Time