Job Title: Executive Director of Home Health and Hospice
Reports To: Regional President
Crossroads Home Health and Hospice is looking for an Executive Director Home Health and Hospice to join our amazing team in the San Francisco Bay area! Crossroads Home Health and Hospice prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
Responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and directing all activities and programs of the agency. The Executive Director/Administrator is responsible for the overall direction of the home health and hospice services. He/she is responsible for the employment of qualified personnel; is responsible for the provision of home health and hospice services, directly, and the delegation to and coordination of personnel evaluations; is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations and guidelines. The Executive Director/Administrator establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for home health and hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
- Planning, directing and evaluating operations to ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate care and services.
- Complying with applicable law and regulation.
- Assures that all business conduct is above minimum standards required by law and will not condone any activities that achieve results through violation of the law, unethical business or patient care practices.
- Fiscal planning, budgeting and management of all operations in accordance with fiscal parameters.
- Implementing governing body directives and ensuring that appropriate service policies are developed and implemented and maintain ongoing liaison between the governing body and the staff.
- Organize and direct the ongoing functions of the agency.
- Recruiting, employing and retaining qualified personnel to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication.
- In conjunction with Director of Patient Care Services, ensuring all home health and hospice personnel have current clinical information and current practices and ensuring that a clinical manager is available during all operating hours.
- Directing and monitoring organizational performance improvement activities.
- Ensuring staff development including orientation, in-service education, continuing education and evaluation of staff.
- Ensures that a clinical manager is available during all operating hours.
- Ensure the accuracy of public information materials and activities including advertisements and brochures that the agency uses to represent itself to the community-at-large. Assuring that skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision and direction of a physician or registered nurse.
- Assuring appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours.
- Assuring the development and qualifications for professional services and the assignment of personnel.
- Ensuring the accuracy of public information materials and activities.
- Appointing a similarly qualified alternate to be available at all times during operating hours in the absence of the administrator.
- On-call as necessary.
- The administrator may have responsibilities over more than one parent agency provided that the administrator can demonstrate the adequacy of administrative and nursing supervision over each parent agency through ongoing Quality Management review.
- Informing the governing body and staff of current organizational, community, and industry trends.
- Ensuring that structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care
- Ensuring collaboration with agencies and vendors for effective management of services.
- Ensuring standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Is a licensed physician, a registered nurse or holds an undergraduate degree. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Masters degree in health care or related field is preferred. Clinical and non-clinical candidates will be considered.
- At least three (3) years in health care management preferably in home health and/or hospice operations.
- Demonstrated an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with the community.
- Knowledge of corporate business management.
- Demonstrates good communications and public relations skills.
Why Work with Crossroads?
We have a team approach that is focused on "our" success in achieving a great work environment and excellent patient outcomes. Our goal is for every team member to come to the conclusion: "this is the best job I've ever had" (and many do). As part of that, Crossroads Home Health and Hospice offers competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- PTO and vacation
- Flexible work schedules
- Excellent team dynamics
We believe in caring for both our team and our patients and have a profound understanding of the value in both. We are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we serve. Come meet us, join the team, and help us continue to build something great in San Francisco … We're excited to meet you!