*We are always accepting applications for Immerse Trainers. We will reach out if a position becomes available.*
Working With Immerse
At Immerse, we are building a state-of-the-art Virtual Reality (VR) experience that will make language teaching radically more fun and effective. We believe that the most important part of our company is our instructors. In light of that, we work hard to create an environment that is innovative and rewarding. We listen to feedback from our trainers, allow for flexible hours, and pave the way for increased salary and future promotions. Most importantly, we teach our staff to become the "trainers of the future." The language teaching market is changing fast, and working with immerse will bring trainers to the cutting edge of this revolution!
Company and Learner Profile
Immerse offers language and communication training for individuals, schools, and businesses through our unique VR platform and individualized course offerings. As the world becomes more globalized and interconnected, we help people express themselves confidently and clearly in a variety of contexts, while being respectful of and attuned to cultural differences. We think that companies and communities benefit immensely when people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences speak up.
A typical Immerse learner is a driven business professional in a field such as human resources, management, marketing, or sales who works in his or her nonnative language, English. The majority have at least a low intermediate level of English proficiency. Other Immerse learners typically include students or adults in language schools or organizations across the globe.
Do you have a passion for teaching? Do you love empowering others to achieve their fullest potential through developing critical language, leadership, and communication skills? Then, we’d love to hear from you. Our Immerse trainers serve as trusted teachers and mentors, helping learners evolve as both communicators and professionals.
The ideal Immerse trainer is passionate about connecting with others and has a background in English language, business, communication, coaching, and/or teaching. He or she has industry specific knowledge or is comfortable teaching one or more of the following categories: pronunciation, presentations, meetings, cultural/interpersonal, management/leadership, negotiations, and/or sales. TESOL/TEFL certification and experience teaching adults or Business English is highly preferred. A working knowledge of other languages and cultures is desired. You must be a native English speaker or speak English fluently. You should also have a reliable internet connection, a webcam and external headset or microphone, and headphones. Most importantly, you should be an effective trainer who get real results and loves what you do!
Please Note: At this time, due to a number of legal and compliance complexities, you must be an American citizen to apply; however, you may live/work from anywhere in the world. Please also keep in mind that our peak hours are mostly during the afternoon and evening in Eastern Asian time zones. Applicants must be comfortable using technology, have access to high speed broadband Internet from a personal computer, and be able to work a minimum of 10 hours weekly with a flexible schedule to accommodate learners. This is a work-from-home position.
- Host 30 or 45-minute 1-1 or small group sessions via Virtual Reality with learners (trainers get paid by the hour even if the lesson itself is 30 minutes; use the extra time to prepare or give feedback)
- Design or creatively adapt resources to actively engage learners in the virtual environment using Immerse’s individualized approach to learning and curriculum as a guide
- Help the learner grow in their language and communication skills through delivering engaging, purposeful, and well-prepared lessons
- Hold learners accountable to their learning goals, target future areas for improvement, and clearly assess and demonstrate progress
- Empathetically provide high quality, constructive feedback to learners that corresponds to their unique learning objectives
- Build relationships and rapport with learners, discovering points of connection
- $16-24 per hour with opportunities for advancement
- Other paid opportunities include but are not limited to curriculum design or the opportunity to become a Trainer Manager
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you, and can't wait for you to join the team!