Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s “find wonderful people” team (or “talent acquisition” if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible iOS Engineer. Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves… we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajilions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit everyday and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet-famous the very same day, the American Dream is alive and well folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team...
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
You are Tim Berners-Lee. Okay that’s not realistic. Apparently, his hands are tied. Jokes aside, you are a wonderful person with a wonderful attitude who believes in the power of the internet (so you’re kinda like Tim after all).
We believe in investing in quality practices early and building a solid foundation which includes continuous integration, testing, functional programming, and plenty of custom animations.
- Build and own features using Swift. 90% of our codebase is in Swift 4. If you don’t know Swift, please have Objective-C experience and a desire to learn.
- Collaborate with our Design and Product teams, helping shape features before you start coding.
- Help establish best practices and collaborate to help the team level up.
- Prevent problems before they start by contributing to our test suite of 2000+ unit tests.
- Identify and solve runtime problems using Instruments.
- Create and update visuals using Auto Layout. We use SnapKit everywhere to make it easy.
- Manage dependencies and automate workflow. We use Cocoapods and Fastlane and our builds run on Buddybuild.
- Experience distributing production apps on the App Store.
- A desire to work in a fun, fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong opinions loosely held.
- 3+ years of experience developing native apps for iOS.
- 5+ years of experience developing software.
- Open-source contributions.
- Experience using AVFoundation.
- Experience using Realm or Core Data.
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness stipend
- Passion fund - $500 a year towards your favorite passion or something you’ve always wanted to try
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the world’s largest image sharing community!
Above all: As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and let’s begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.