Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s “find wonderful people” team (or “talent acquisition” if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible Senior Software Engineer. Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves… we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajilions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit everyday and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet-famous the very same day, the American Dream is alive and well folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team...
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
You are Tim Berners-Lee. Okay that’s not realistic. Apparently, his hands are tied. Jokes aside, you are a wonderful person with a wonderful attitude who believes in the power of the internet (so you’re kinda like Tim after all).
You are a senior level software engineer who thrives building highly-scalable backend solutions. You enjoy working with a small team that is tasked with developing core features and functions while also focusing on stability and performance issues. You are comfortable building things from scratch and working in the core engineering team. You will be responsible from prototyping to owning the whole product lifecycle. Most importantly - you’re excited about working on a product that our highly-engaged community loves and deploying code to our 150M monthly active users.
- Help us evolve our platform to its next incarnation
- Write systems in Golang, PHP7, and/or node.js (previous knowledge not necessary, but willingness to learn is)
- Work with and become an expert in datastores such as MySQL, DynamoDB, HBase, etc.
- Be part of a team that wants to work on all aspects of the mobile web technology.
- Own the Tests, CI tools, Chef recipes, StatsD monitoring, logging, and alerting for your software.
What you bring to the table:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional experience with backend technologies
- Critical thinkers who present logical arguments to defend their solutions
- Experience in Go, PHP, and/or Node.js is helpful
- The ability to comfortably program in a Unix environment and knowledge of Unix commands
- A passion for beautiful, pragmatic code paired with a strong sense of product design
- Experience with distributed systems a huge plus!
Above all: As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and let’s begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.