Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s “find wonderful people” team (or “talent acquisition” if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible Remote Senior DevOps Engineer. Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves: we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajilions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit every day and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet famous the very same day. The American Dream is alive and well, folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits, and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or, in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team...
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
We invite you to join us and help us build the next suite of products that lifts people's spirits for a few moments every day. Imgur is the third most popular entertainment destination in the US! You will be responsible for a product that has over 60 Billion views per month.
Behind the scenes, Imgur is a ridiculously high-performing platform (99.997% uptime at 60ms response time) built on hundreds of servers and containers in the “cloud”. We are in the middle of transforming from a PHP shop to a Go/Kubernetes shop. We would love to talk to you about the progress we’ve made so far as well as the challenges ahead.
Our ideal Senior DevOps Engineer candidate must be self-directed and prepared to scale their own responsibilities along with the company. We are looking for someone that is passionate about multi-faceted, large scale systems that serves billions of users on a daily basis.
- Architect, implement, and optimize Imgur’s software infrastructure stack.
- Ensure reliability, scalability, and operability of Imgur’s production software components.
- Build Automation and Tools to deploy, configure, and manage Imgur’s applications.
- Troubleshoot stability and performance issues.
- Participate in one of our 24x7 on-call teams.
Experience and Skills We’re Looking For:
- This is a senior level position that requires 7+ years managing world class production systems either as a DevOps Engineer, an SRE, or a Production Engineer.
- CS degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure strongly preferred.
- Expertise in either systems (preferred!), databases, or Networks (layer 3 and higher).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet), Kubernetes, monitoring (sensu, datadog, etc).
- Demonstrate strong scripting skills to develop custom tools and automation.
- Thorough understanding of best practices related to performance, disaster recovery, and security.
- Clear written and verbal communication is a must.
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness stipend
- Passion fund - $500 a year towards your favorite passion or something you’ve always wanted to try
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the world’s largest image sharing community!
Above all: As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and let’s begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.