Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s “find wonderful people” team (or “talent acquisition” if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible Head of Product Management. Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves… we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajilions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit everyday and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet-famous the very same day, the American Dream is alive and well folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team...
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
As the Head of Product Management, you’ll be managing a team of talented and collaborative product managers to grow our product offerings. This is a highly visible role that reports directly to our CEO that will be responsible for growing the team, setting the overall vision and strategy for the product, and leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Lead the strategy and roadmap for user growth across all platforms
- Craft product requirements. Partner with design for wireframes, mockups and prototypes, iterating on a rapid basis with UX, product, engineering and business stakeholders.
- Regularly plan, launch, and measure new experiences across our web and app experiences with a goal of driving new user growth or early user retention improvements.
- Continuously monitor, A/B test, measure and report on key metrics. Identify areas for continuous testing and optimization. Plan and communicate testing paths amongst teams.
- Build and manage a strong team of Product Managers, including career planning, performance management, and exceptional initiatives.
- Partner with the leadership team to get organizational buy in on the plans for product execution.
- Identify bottlenecks and process improvement opportunities to further strengthen organizational efficiency.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management on a consumer product.
- Deep understanding of User Generated Content (UGC) SEO, viral loop growth, or content marketing growth channels a plus.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical ability to understand and decompose data to influence requirements, solutions and alternatives. Ability to A/B or multivariate test, measure and continuously improve the baseline.
- Direct experience in delivering web products using iterative or Agile methodologies, including modeling experience using task/storyboards, user stories or use cases, etc.; strong knowledge of testing/QA processes
- Experience in analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Mixpanel, Optimizely, Amplitude
- Strong track record of building lasting business cross-functional partnership with both internal and external groups, especially engineering, design and data
- Exceptional leadership quality and experience building and leading high performing product teams
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible vacation
- Wellness stipend
- Passion fund - $500 a year towards your favorite passion or something you’ve always wanted to try
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the world’s largest image sharing community!
Above all: As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and let’s begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.