Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s “find wonderful people” team (or “talent acquisition” if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible Senior Product Manager. Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves… we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajilions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit everyday and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet-famous the very same day, the American Dream is alive and well folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team...
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
As a Senior Product Manager at Imgur, you will build and optimize consumer centric experiences. A typical day in this role could have you brainstorming with leadership on product and growth strategy, improving the user experience with our design team, whiteboarding new ideas, defining and analyzing A/B tests, and presenting your progress to the company. If you are entrepreneurial, love building products, and are passionate about the intersection of content and community, please keep reading.
- Develop and execute a plan for driving user growth, retention and loyalty in Web and native app experiences through focused, data-driven efforts.
- Create and optimize viral loops in the product.
- Be an expert on our core community, as well as new users, and their different needs.
- Optimize existing acquisition channels and identify new channels for growth through research and A/B testing
- Partner with our marketing team to ensure consistent brand and messaging throughout the first touch experience
- Create innovative consumer product experiences to drive new users and ongoing engagement.
- Identify growth opportunities based on the evolution and execution of the product roadmap
- Present weekly performance reports on key metrics and trends to senior management
- Collaboratively generate product requirements for feature updates and new releases
- Clearly present product concepts, roadmap, and delivery timeline to design, engineering, marketing and leadership teams
- 5+ years consumer product management experience
- Defining and understanding conversion funnels, retention, A/B testing and go-to-market strategies
- Developing social products, technologies and platforms with significant user traction
- Thinking strategically, structurally solving product problems, and simultaneously driving tactical execution using the agile methodology
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and can communicate effectively to influence teams
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and experts to achieve results
- You are passionate about building great experiences and advocating for the user while understanding the complexity of building and delivering high quality consumer applications in a fast-paced, interactive and demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in math, engineering, economics, finance, business or another quantitative field.
- Experience with user generated content platforms and monetization strategies a strong plus.
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible PTO per year
- Wellness stipend
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the world’s largest image sharing community!
- Dogs in the office
- Work from home Wednesdays!
- Work the way that works for you! Work in the office or remote.
Above all: As we grow, so will you. Interested? Click apply and let’s begin the journey together. Note: if you don't meet these requirements we are still open to hearing from you.