Now accepting applications for our 2020 Summer Semester Internship Program!
This isn’t your typical D.C. area internship, and this isn’t your typical company. Before you start your day, you’ll pour yourself a cup of cold brew and pet one of the office dogs. After receiving training in our internal and external platforms, you’ll use them to assist your team in a variety of tasks; more platforms and skills to add to your resume! At IMGE, your job isn’t to make coffee runs like any other intern in the city; you’re an asset to the team, and you will be working in the trenches with us!
Our team works for some of the biggest political campaigns and advocacy organizations in the country. We are looking for interns who are passionate about the political and advocacy landscape, and express interest in pursuing a career in digital marketing.
What will my day look like?
For starters, no day will be the same. You will help our teams write content for emails, social, and advertisements. You will schedule posts in Sprout Social, send emails in Iterable, make petition and donation pages in Revv or WinRed, and make edits to web pages in WordPress. Entangled in these tasks, you will attend meetings with your team to discuss how you will execute and prioritize your tasks, bounce client strategy ideas off of each other, and work to improve work product on all projects.
Here’s what you won’t be doing:
- Answering phone calls or opening mail.
- Coffee runs; we have cold brew kegs in our office!
- Meaningless tasks; you work alongside our team to deliver the best products and services to our clients.
- Sitting around, bored; we work in a fast-paced environment, can you keep up?
Here’s what we are looking for on your resume (make sure your resume is truthful):
- Superb writing and communication skills (Is that a grammatical or spelling error on your resume or cover letter?)
- Interest in the digital political landscape. You’ll be working with candidates and issues all day, so you might as well be interested in it right?
- Experience working in a team setting in college or through previous work experience (You will be working with 3-6 other people on your team; excellent interpersonal skills is a must.)
- Affinity toward digital. You use Instagram everyday, great – you understand email marketing systems and social listening tools, better.
- Willingness to learn and adapt because you won’t know how to use most of our platforms at first, but the faster you can learn, the better!
Bonus points if you have experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop or experience using WordPress.
The Spring Program runs January - May
The Summer Program runs May - August
The Fall Program runs September - December
- Hourly compensation
- Fast-paced environment with no bureaucracy
- Resume/portfolio feedback and career guidance
- Industry Lunch & Learn sessions
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Office Dogs and more!
At IMGE, we don't discriminate. We are an open-minded meritocracy, so if you're good at what you do, we want to talk to you. IMGE provides equal opportunity of employment to all applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. IMGE will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.