The Network Engineer is responsible to help scale our rapidly growing network infrastructure and supporting our existing Cloud, LAN, WAN, and VoIP infrastructures at all branches. This individual holds technical and operational responsibility for all network devices including routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers. The Network Engineer must be well versed in advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
- Monitor and analyze network/system logs for security and performance issues with tools such as PRTG, Netflow and provide metrics in this area.
- Participates as a member of the Network team and collaborates on any security, firewall or networking administration matters.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multi-protocol routing concepts, VPN’s, IP/ARP/MAC, troubleshooting VLAN and/or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Scoping, architecting and implementing new LAN/WAN and Cloud (AWS, Google or similar) environments
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and correcting issues with Cisco, LAN/Wireless hardware, and Cloud PaaS/IaaS workloads
- Proven experience and knowledge with Cloud technologies, Co-location and data centers.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends new solutions and technologies.
- Participates in the on-call support rotation for monitoring and outages.
- Works with Managed Service Providers/Carriers and provides oversight for Service Level Agreement adherence.
- Maintains a highly available and scalable network environment.
- Assists with technical issues, project management, design, analysis and implementation of network solutions as needed.
- Develops and executes mitigation plans for technical issues.
- Prepares periodic maintenance plans and complies with change management procedures.
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented, conscientious of time commitments and management’s requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English.
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture including switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, 802.11 wireless, Google Cloud Interconnect and/or AWS direct connect or similar, and IP utilities.
- Routing protocols OSPF, RIP, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP.
- WAN connectivity such as T1/T3, DS3, OC3, OC12, Metro-Ethernet and SD-WAN solution such as Aryaka and SilverPeak.
- Extensive technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, Hillstone VPN etc.).
- Extensive knowledge in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and a deep understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Technical qualifications should include experience with some or all of the following: Cisco networks, Cisco UCS, F5 load balancer, Barracuda Load Balancer.
- Extensive networking knowledge of public and private cloud services including VMware, AWS and Aliyun.
- Familiarity with PCI/DSS and SOX.
- Ability to produce and adhere to documentation – Visio, run books, RFP’s, Project Plans, Root Cause Analysis, SOP’s, etc.
- Generally requires a minimum 4- 8 years of expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. An emphasis in Computer Information Systems is preferred