iHerb’s data and analytics team is on a mission to re-architect and re-engineer company’s data platform by bringing the agility and scalability of the cloud. We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer who is passionate about all things data and has prior hands on experience of loading large datasets utilizing the latest cloud technology to do so. The Senior Data Engineer will be intimately familiar with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform as well as other global cloud service providers. This candidate should have strong experience with large ETL projects, evidence of experience with cloud/modern ELT architecture, Data Lake and more.
- Build robust, scalable real time and batch data pipelines using services like AWS Glue, Amazon EMR, SSIS, Python, PySpark, many others.
- Provide inputs in choosing and implementing cost effective, scalable and fault tolerant solutions
- Well versed with modern data platforms and stay up to date with emerging trends in data engineering field.
- Work directly with business teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technology
- Familiar with Data Virtualization Technology
- Knowledge of Master Data Management specific to ETL processes.
- Improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes through automation, scale and best practice
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, as well as other technology
- Passion for data in all shapes and forms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 7 years of experience with building data pipelines on cloud platforms like AWS and/or GCP
- Hands on experience with Python, Spark and Kafka to build our next gen streaming data platform, ingesting TB of data monthly.
- Knowledge of Snowflake, Redshift, Athena, batch and Streaming data, Timeseries, Kubernetes
- Experience building large data lakes in the cloud.
- Understanding of ETL and ELT, Informatica, AWS Glue, Google Cloud Dataprep, Amazon EMR and be able to choose the right tool for the job.
- Attending daily sprint meetings
- Working closely with PM and other upstream source system teams to address production issues.
- SQL server and SSIS
Understanding of eCommerce, global scale networks and cloud architecture, other big data technologies
- 7-10+ years of Data Platform expertise
- Some form of formal education (boot camp) in Computer Science, Software Development, Database or related technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly preferred.