Under general supervision, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
- Knowledge of OSHA and other legal requirements
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
- Knowledge of conveyors, motors and dc drives
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of maintenance mechanic or related experience.
An Associate’s Degree in mechanical or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc. is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb. com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99. 9% issue free orders