The Inventory Warehouse Supervisor will provide leadership and direction in a B2C high volume outbound, small parcel environment, supervise and coordinate activities of team members concerned with Inventory activities as it relates to order processing, either receipt or shipment. Maintain a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement.
- Supervise and coordinate work of designated team members
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to meet inventory requirements, and provide Inventory Accuracy to Management
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of team members
- Maintain harmony among team members and resolve grievances
- Confer with other managers in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities
- Confer with other QC and partners outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of quality assurance issues
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Participate on the documentation and maintain all warehouse procedures as they relate to Inventory activities.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a supervisor requiring evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the warehouse department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company
- Manages workflow to meet planned department productivity standards
- Train new or newly assigned team members in the proper methods and standard operating procedures of all job functions
- Work with various departments to improve the inventory accuracy in all areas of the warehouse. Study data from the warehouse processes and the inventory control area in order to minimize any damage and shrinkage that may be occurring
- Make sure that inventory levels are maintained within proper guidelines, resolve and report any discrepancies to management.
- Arrange the inventory in the most competent, well-organized and easily accessible way
- Identify areas of risk as it relates to theft and move high risk items to reduce the theft
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, analytical, self-management and goal setting skills
- Energetic team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- A high level of computer literacy.
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in the inventory area.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.