It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our growing Data Science Team. The Data Science team is responsible for providing scalable solution for search and recommendation of products to a
diverse global customer base across multiple platforms. In collaboration with Data Scientist the Senior Software Engineer will be able to improve user’s search experience through implementing solutions
customized for multiple languages supported by iHerb. In this role the Senior Software Engineer will help to build a software as a service solution consisting of complex modules (e.g. product search, blog search,
auto-suggestion, etc.) that handles high traffic coming across the globe through many platforms. The focus is on scalability, usability, and performance as well as integration with machine learning models to
enhance user’s search experience.
- Translate business requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions, scalable designs, code modules, and software solutions
- Contribute to the technical development, configuration and modification of integrated business and enterprise application solutions
- Design and develop software as a service solution using .Net framework using best practices e.g. test driven development, on-going documentation, continuous integration, pair programming and code review
- Responsible for the ownership (architecture/design/implementation and deployments) of complex software components and systems
- Responsible to end-to-end analysis including data gathering, metric comparison, requirements specification, and ongoing deliverables
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams and work closely with them to identify opportunities to improve
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Develop search optimization solutions specific to non-English languages (e.g. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian)
- PoC using in house and/or open source technologies.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Software Engineering background
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong knowledge of and ability to communicate Software Architecture and Design Principles
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering using open source or .NET platforms
- Experience building large scale, high traffic web applications
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of distributed systems such as Micro Services, Containerization, etc.
- Hands on experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar search engine technologies
- Experience with source control systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with search engines over non-English languages (is a plus)
- Experience in productization Machine Learning solutions (is a plus)
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of five 5+ years of experience with software development
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!