The Lead Database Administrator will be passionate about all things data, working to ensure operational excellence, high availability and performance, and always staying up-to-date of the cutting edge of technology
Desire to be a technical lead for a highly technical and skilled team, mentor and share knowledge with junior members, draw on experience and improve processes throughout the environment.
Assist in assessing the team’s strengths, weaknesses, dictate training and assist in assigning the proper resources for critical projects and workflow.
- Support operations of 24/7 iHerb's global e-commerce data platform
- Troubleshooting and understanding high transactional volume at global scale
- Extremely strong with data replication technologies, troubleshooting, publication, distribution, subscription experience
- Familiar with Cloud Infrastructure for Data Platform, knowledge of storage, networking, compute, etc. (AWS, GCP, Azure, on-prem shared/virtual environments)
- PowerShell, automation and scripting skills needed, Terraform and Ansible skills desired
- Comprehend Source control for database objects
- Knowledge of Continuous Development/Continuous Integration with various database-centric tools
- Understanding revert/rollback process for deployment
- Promotion of items from lower environments into production
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SQL Server transactional environment, high volume, contention and distributed data
- MongoDB on Atlas document store
- Cloud Managed Service experience
- Sharded data distributed globally
- Knowledge of NoSQL queries, indexes, collections
- DynamoDB knowledge or experience a plus
- Knowledge of streaming data technology a plus
- AWS Aurora on RDS, other managed service database experience
- 3-5+ years of Data Platform expertise
- Some form of formal education (boot camp) in Computer Science, Software Development, Database or related technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly preferred.