The NOC team lead will be responsible for the monitoring and administration of all systems in a 24/7 environment, ensuring maximum uptime and system availability for the business. The team lead will work closely with internal teams and vendors by handling all requests and issues reported via the Service Desk and/or DataDog Dynatrace and PRTG. The lead will provide the leadership to the NOC team that will handle Tier 1 and 2 troubleshooting for many areas and is responsible for all production systems and applications.
- Assist in hiring, mentoring and training the NOC team members.
- Manage NOC shift rotation with peer managers to ensure 24x7 NOC coverage, including establishing turnover procedures and act as escalation for the shift team
- Lead the NOC team in the performance of all duties related to the various functions of the department to ensure all work is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Technology Operations Engineering staff in day-to-day engineering and administrative duties.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise
- Provide escalated support for highly complex network configuration tasks and incidents
- Work as part of the NOC team in support of business objectives, troubleshooting issues and outages, program implementations and client requests.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility including SOP for other staff members of the NOC team.
- Assist Information Security team in meeting all security compliance regulations and requirements. Includes documentation, log management and responding to audit requests.
- Provide general office IT support as needed
- Work with the management to ensure projects are on track and due dates are met.
- Prioritize and delegate resources and requests for the team.
- Be available to work after hours and provide support for a 24/7 operation as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience working with internal and external monitoring systems such as DataDog, Dyantrace, PRTG, site 24/7 and others
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify system malfunctions and operations problems
- Detailed working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012) based systems, Linux and Kubernetes.
- Detailed working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP and related common protocols, including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, FTP/S, SMTP, HTTP/S, Telnet, NTP and SSH
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Exposure to private and public cloud services like VMware and AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Must be able read, write and speak fluent English
- Generally requires a minimum of three (3) years of NOC E-Commerce or equivalent work experience.
- Generally Requires a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years in a manager/supervisor role
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. An Amazon Certificate is highly preferred