iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
Under general supervision, the Product Development Coordinator provides clerical support for various product development functions. The Product Development Coordinator will play an integral role in conducting research, coordinating with manufactures and serve as a general project manager to support our teams and help us grow our line of products. This individual will coordinate, organize, and identify product development issues with not only suppliers but within various departments cross-functionally.
- Provide a variety of support functions within the Product Development Team
- Coordinate receipt of product samples, gather feedback and follow-up with manufacturers efficiently
- Assist in the organization of vendor resources, manufacturers, samples and formulations
- Create a process to research, document and organize product information, labeling requirements and information gathering for each product being developed. Help develop SOP’s.
- Maintain and organize a library of all product information
- Assist in creating documentation to aide the supply chain in an effort to move projects forward
- Assist in collecting information and required documentation for labeling processes
- Work closely with the demand planning on inventory management teams
- Works with Vendors to expedite and improve delivery performance
- Work with various departments including QC, Accounting and Production with problematic materials or transactions
- Identify operational obstacles or bottlenecks as they arise and propose solutions to the Product Development Team
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to move projects forward quickly and efficiently
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, data management knowledge
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, team-player
- Strong MS Office skills including intermediate level Excel skills
- Generally requires one (1) to three (3) years of relevant industry experience in R&D, manufacturing, product development and/or regulatory affairs
- Project Management skills required
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.