We are currently seeking a technically talented individual, who is anxious to learn all there is to know about our Data Platform. This individual will have a strong desire to climb a steep learning curve to understand the complexity of a 24/7 global e-commerce environment and be willing to push themselves to deepen their knowledge. This individual should possess an open mindset, learning from their mistakes, and be able to quickly fail, learn from the experience and grow each day.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn from senior and veteran mentors on a team built to nurture those thirsty for knowledge of all things data. High volume e-commerce transactions, streaming real time datasets around the globe, this fast-paced position is looking for the right individual, is it you?
● Working with the AppDev teams to create and develop database objects, procedures, processes and jobs.
● General knowledge of source control, deployment, agile methodology, working collaboratively, tracking work with traceability.
● General understanding of data replication, concept of the “3 V’s of big data”
● Understand methods to backup and restore databases from various vendors and cloud providers.
● Monitoring database health and maintenance, monitoring performance during maintenance windows
● Familiar with the demands of a weekly on-call rotation, ability to be available 24/7 during the assigned week.
● Monitoring production environments, understanding baselines, responding to critical alerts, job failures
● Working in lower, non-production environments, understanding of sensitive data protection, data obfuscation techniques.
● Passion for data in all shapes and forms
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Basic knowledge of SQL and experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB and other NoSQL databases, document and keypair store, globally distributed data techniques
● Basic knowledge of relational databases
● Basic knowledge of SQL and database programming
● Experience with optimizing query plans
● Experience with database security
- Understanding of eCommerce, global scale networks and cloud architecture
- Strong understanding of OSI model
- Strong troubleshooting skills
● Minimum of one to three years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
● Experience working with MongoDB or other NoSQL document stores desired
● Experience and understanding of Public Cloud providers, AWS, GCP, Azure
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent technical training is highly preferred