The Tax Accountant will work on various tax reporting, compliance and planning projects as directed by the Accounting Manager/Tax along with maintaining some monthly accounting duties.
- Research and gathers information for federal state and local tax returns prepared by our external tax preparers to ensure timely filings
- Prepares real and personal property tax returns, monthly sales tax returns ensuring accuracy and timely filings
- Manages the fixed asset system to ensure additions, disposals, impairments are accurately recorded and depreciated for book and tax
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of various tax accounts on the general ledger, ensuring accuracy and timely reporting
- Prepares business licenses, and Secretary of State filing’s, ensuring accuracy and timely filings.
- Preparation of the quarterly income tax provision, including quarterly tax estimates and year-end extension estimates to ensure timely filings
- Supports tax research related to federal, state, international, property and sales and use tax.
- Gathers information for tax authority audits, as well as other ad hoc projects
- Implements communications and negotiations with tax authorities over tax payment issues through letter writing
- Maintenance of the tax calendar, tax notice log, and carryover schedules
- Provides accurate and timely filings of governmental surveys
- Remain current and up-to-date on existing and upcoming tax laws
- Identifies areas of tax savings under the guidance of management
- Research tax issues in all applicable areas of tax including memorandum write-up of results and maintaining legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant income tax and/or sales tax and accounting experience, with Big 4/Mid-Tier CPA firms preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. CPA preferred. Master’s Degree in Taxation a plus.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.