The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for contributing to the reporting and analytics framework of iHerb. This is a hybrid Financial Planning & Analysis/Accounting and Business Intelligence role. This critical role will interact with different business units directly to understand reporting needs and works to deliver reporting, dashboards, and analysis. The Sr. BI Analyst will create very detailed dashboards for managers and also create high-level dashboards for senior executives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to obtain information for adhoc/routine reporting and analysis needs, considering needs and asking incisive questions to uncover requirements
- Develop dashboards that provide a clear view of the business by visually translating complex data into actionable insights
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis that provides meaningful insights and synthesized recommendations to support informed decision-making
- Communicate data related information succinctly and effectively that is geared to the intended audience for the maximum benefit
- Monitor published information regularly and follow-up timely when corrections are necessary to ensure reporting accuracy and integrity at all times
- Work in unison with Strategic Finance to define data and develop data architecture for the purpose of producing reports efficiently and accurately
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands accrual based accounting
- Able to read and understand financial statements
- Ability to perform analysis with data supported conclusions
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to organize/prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel once a month to other Southern California offices (as needed)
- Understands principles of GAAP accounting and performing reconciliations (preferred)
- Understands data architecture within relational database environment (preferred)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant "hybrid" experience combining IT, systems, finance, and inventory
- Experience developing reports and dashboards utilizing visualization tools (Tableau, SSRS, etc.)
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience extracting, cleansing, and validating data using SQL
- Proficiency writing SQL script, reducing run-time (preferred)
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Asana, or similar
- Experience with Wire-framing tools such as Balsamiq, Adobe-XD, or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Systems, Engineering or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- CBAP designation a plus
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
Our Story, Our Vision
Since 1996, the foundation of iHerb, has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 35,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to adding distribution centers around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.
Come Join Our Team!
iHerb is a fast paced, fast growing company looking for a candidate that is up for the task! The Training and Development Manager is someone who is not afraid to be creative and is looking to assist in developing our team to make it the best we can be starting all the way from the top! If you are looking to really make a position for yourself in a work hard, play hard atmosphere, make sure to submit your resume!