Our Story, Our Vision
Since 1996, iHerb has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 30,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to bringing the best in healthy products around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.View our LinkedIn!
View our Careers Video!Job Summary:
The Network Engineer is responsible for scaling our rapidly growing network infrastructure and supporting our existing cloud, LAN, WAN, and wireless infrastructures. This individual holds technical and operational responsibility for all network devices including routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers. The Network Engineer must be well versed in advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, and network management systems.
- Monitor and analyze network/system logs for security and performance issues with tools such as PRTG, Netflow and provide metrics in this area.
- Participate as a member of the Network team and collaborates on any security, firewall or networking administration matters.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multi-protocol routing concepts, VPN’s, IP/ARP/MAC, troubleshooting VLAN and/or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Scoping, architecting and implementing new LAN/WAN designs.
- Scoping, architecting, implementing and refactoring of new and existing cloud-based (AWS, GCP) networks.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and correcting issues with Cisco, LAN/Wireless hardware, and cloud PaaS/IaaS workloads.
- Proven experience and knowledge with Cloud technologies, Co-location and data centers.
- Research, analyze and recommend new solutions and technologies.
- Participates in the on-call support rotation for monitoring and outages.
- Works with Managed Service Providers/Carriers and provides oversight for Service Level Agreement adherence.
- Maintains a highly available and scalable network environment.
- Assists with technical issues, project management, design, analysis and implementation of network solutions as needed.
- Develops and executes mitigation plans for technical issues.
- Prepares periodic maintenance plans and complies with change management procedures.
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail-oriented, conscientious of time commitments and management’s requests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture including switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, 802.11 wireless, Google Cloud Interconnect and/or AWS direct connect or similar, and IP utilities.
- Routing protocols OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
- WAN connectivity Metro-Ethernet and SD-WAN solution such as Viptela or Velocloud.
- Extensive technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN etc.).
- Extensive knowledge in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and a deep understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Technical qualifications should include experience with some or all of the following: Cisco networks, Cisco UCS, F5 load balancer, Barracuda Load Balancer and NGINX.
- Extensive networking knowledge of public and private cloud services including VMware, AWS, GCP and Aliyun. Knowledge of VPC design, VPC peering, VPN and security groups within the context of a cloud provider is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with PCI/DSS and SOX.
- Ability to produce and adhere to documentation – Network diagrams, run books, RFP’s, Project Plans, Root Cause Analysis, SOP’s, etc.
Generally requires a minimum 4 - 8 years of expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, and controllers, and monitoring applications
Bachelor’s Degree Required. An emphasis in Computer Information Systems is preferred